Thursday, January 7, 2010

The NAzi character Walk cycle - For Animated short


So The character looks I was going for is very European .......Like the yellow Submarine.....IF you don't remember it it's an animated movie came out in the 60's with the Beatles as the main characters.....I loved the weird and strange shapes and small heads......I combined this look with my design....The first round of designs I tried too hard to get a wrinkled manufactured cloth look out of the shapes of the outfits and it looked like @$$. So i went back exaggerated their features and such. Here is the main character rigged and animated

I may add more movement on the head but it's a tough balance he cannot look too real or people will think or loose the illusion that it's not clay.....not sure if that makes sense...next I will post some stuff from the 2D pilot pitch I am art directing and writing for....my guys are kick butt awesome



It's weird the play back on this vid is half the speed of the one that got posted....sorry guys not sure why........but trust me when I say it's much slower out side this web post......weird.....oh and less choppy

5 comments:

  1. I feel like he is more waddling along or a little stiff. I assume that most of the reason is because the video might not be a good representation of the walk cycle. If you have ever seen Flushed Away, it is a representation of 3D trying to be clay. I think adding some head movement might help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The video is actually half the speed...I actually don't want it to be as clean as flushed away......I have to think about that because I want the early look...does that make Sense?....Early European work.....Think Rudolph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah ok! Well, I would have to say he needs to be more... twitchy. Does that make any sense?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your twitchy during finals.... :P...maybe

    ReplyDelete